Nomads Path Development Organization (NOPADO) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in Kenya in 2019, with the main objective of alleviating poverty through creation of sustainable socio-economic projects.
The journey of our humanitarian work began with the formation of Galle Women Development Initiative, a Community Based Organization (CBO) which was established in October 2013. Its main objective was promoting peaceful co-existence in the community through initiatives in education, sustainable socio- economic projects and climate change interventions. Due to the scaling of our work within the county and beyond, Nomads Path Development Organization (NOPADO) an NGO was formed.
NOPADO envisions a region where communities live in peace and harmony, enjoy the freedom and quality of life with each other, and has equal opportunities to make the region a better and safer place for all to live in. Historically, Galle Women Development Initiative has played a major role in peace restoration in Marsabit County through implementation of community services and projects such as:
- Collaborative peace building workshops in the following spaces:
- Collaborated with the National Cohesion and Integration Commission (NCIC) of Kenya to neutralize the recurrent tribal clashes over grazing land in Marsabit County in 2016.
- Conducted a successful civic education forum to promote peace ahead of the 2018 general election. This contribution was impactful as Marsabit county had peaceful elections compared to the general elections of 2012.
- Through NOPADO’s work over the years, we had the privilege of participating in the peace workshop for He For She an initiative under the UN Women which aims at making a call to action for gender equality.
- Environmental projects where Galle undertook tree planting initiative in Marsabit County to create awareness on the effects of global warming;
c. Humanitarian response in the areas stricken by hunger during famine, where the CBO donated food and non-food provisions;